Grilled Portobello Mushrooms
- 4 large organic Portobello mushroom caps, wiped clean
- 3 T organic vegetable broth
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
Place mushrooms in a large bowl. Whisk vinegar, broth and garlic together in a small bowl; pour over mushrooms and marinate for 15-30 minutes. Grill for 5-7 minutes on each side or can broil in oven.
Crispy Baked Zucchini Rounds
1 lb. organic zucchini or squash
Vegan egg substitute equivalent of 2 eggs (or 2 organic eggs)
¼ C organic almond milk
1/2 C organic nutritional yeast
1/2 C gluten free organic flour
½ tsp garlic powder
1/2 tsp kosher salt
½ tsp pepper
dash of cayenne pepper
Rinse zucchini and trim the ends, slice into thin (1/4″), even slices using a knife or mandolin. Heavily salt the sliced zucchini well and allow to stand for 30 minutes. Rinse well and then pat the slices dry. (The salt draws the moisture out of the zucchini and will help make them more crispy, chip-like instead of soggy).
Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Line two baking sheets with parchment paper.
Stir all dry ingredients; combine egg substitute and milk; dip zucchini in egg mixture then coat with flour mixture; bake for 10 minutes on each side until golden brown.
- 1 head of organic cauliflower, cut into even-sized florets
- 3 T balsamic vinegar
- 3 cloves garlic, crushed
- Salt & pepper to taste
Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Spray a large rimmed baking sheet with cooking spray.
Whisk vinegar, garlic, salt and pepper; drizzle over cauliflower and toss until cauliflower is evenly coated. Roast for 20-25 minutes, until just tender, turning once half way through.
Spanish Rice Recipe
- 1 cup uncooked organic brown rice
- 2 cups organic vegetable broth
- 1 cup chopped organic tomatoes
- 1 cup chopped organic onion
- 1 organic red bell pepper, chopped
- 2 tsp chili powder
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
Spray a non-stick skillet with cooking spray and heat on medium; sauté onion, bell pepper, and rice for about 5 minutes or until veggies are tender and rice is toasted. Add remaining ingredients and bring to a boil; reduce heat to simmer; cover with a tight lid and cook about 45 minutes or until rice is done.
- 2 cups organic quinoa, rinsed
- 4 cups organic vegetable broth
- 1/8 cup fresh organic lemon juice
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 2 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp black pepper
Toast uncooked quinoa in a medium skillet for 5 minutes; add vegetable broth and bring to a boil. Cover and reduce heat, and cook for 15 minutes or until all liquid is absorbed and the quinoa is fluffy; remove from heat; stir in remaining ingredients and serve.
Quinoa Chickpea Pilaf
- 1 1/2 cups organic quinoa, rinsed
- 3 cups organic vegetable broth
- 1 large organic onion, diced
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 large organic carrot, diced
- 1 stalk of organic celery, diced
- 1 15 oz. can of organic chickpeas
- 3 T organic soy sauce
- 2 tsp roasted cumin
- 1/2 tsp roasted coriander
- 1/4 tsp chipotle chili powder
- 2 tsp Mrs. Dash or any salt free spices
Sauté onions, garlic, carrots and celery in 1/2 cup of broth for 5 minutes; add remaining broth and all other ingredients; bring to a boil then reduce heat to simmer; cook covered for 25 to 30 minutes until quinoa is tender. Stir as required to prevent sticking at the bottom. Fluff with a fork before serving.
Tomatoes & Rice
- 3 cups uncooked organic brown rice
- 3 1/2 cups organic vegetable broth
- 2 Cups (14.5 ounce) can organic fire roasted diced tomatoes, undrained
- ½ cup organic onion, finely chopped
- 2 gloves garlic, minced
- 2 T organic lemon juice
- 2 T apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 tsp dried oregano
- 1/2 tsp dried basil
- ½ tsp ground black pepper
- Dash of cayenne pepper
Combined all ingredients and bring to a boil, reduce heat to simmer and cover tightly; cook for 20-30 minutes or until all liquid is absorbed and rice is tender. Or throw everything in a rice cooker and cook as usual for plain rice. Can be served alone or add beans for a complete protein.