PRE & POST MORPHEUS8 TREATMENT INSTRUCTIONS
● Topical retinoid therapy should be discontinued 2-4 days prior to treatment
● Avoid any prolonged exposure to the sun, if you must be in the sun use a zinc oxide sunscreen of at least SPF 30.
● Avoid taking anticoagulants (aspirin, mobic, ibuprofen, naproxen) for one week if medical condition allows.
● Arrive to your appointment with clean skin. There should be no lotion, makeup, perfume, powder, bath or shower oil present on the skin to be treated.
What to Expect
● Immediately after the treatment most patients will experience a clinical endpoint of erythema (redness) for 1-3 days, however for more aggressive treatments this may last longer. Slight to moderate edema (swelling) and mild to moderate sunburn sensation are also common post treatment and may last 1-3 days. Skin may crust and peel for 2-7 days depending on the treatment setting.
● Skin may feel warm and tighter than usual
● Skin may crust and peel for 3-7 days after treatment
● Redness and swelling may last for 3-4 days
● Apply Aquaphor twice a day for 3-5 days after the procedure.
● Makeup may not be worn for 24 hours after the procedure. If there are no areas with active oozing and warm redness, makeup may be applied after this time.
● You may resume the use of your usual skin care products (usually 3-5 days). Retinoids may be used 5-7 days after treatment. ● There are no restrictions on bathing except to treat the skin gently, avoid scrubbing or trauma to the treated areas, as if you had a sunburn.
● Avoid sun exposure to reduce the chance of hyperpigmentation (darker pigmentation). Use zinc oxide sunblock of at least spf 30 at all times after 24-48 hours.
● Multiple treatments over a period of several months may be required to achieve the desired response. You will notice immediate as well as longer term improvements in your skin. The time for skin cell turnover is 28 days so most people will begin to see increased results after that time.