Q: What is GracePointe Healthcare?
A: GracePointe Healthcare is an affordable, family medical practice providing general care to patients of all ages. We treat each patient as a whole person, not just a health problem. Our approach encompasses the whole life of a patient, including lifestyle, stress level, environment, eating habits, etc., as all of these can have an effect on our health. And we treat naturally whenever possible. We provide physicals – annual, sports, employment, and adoption physicals. Also flu shots, Vitamin B12 shots, children’s wellness check-ups, vaccines, height and growth assessments, cosmetic procedures such as Botox and fillers, travel medicine for overseas immunizations, lab tests, etc. We also take care of urgent needs such as illness, cuts (sutures) and burns as well as continuity care for chronic problems such as high blood pressure, diabetes, high cholesterol and depression. We can also help with weight loss and smoking cessation.
Q: How is GracePointe Healthcare different?
A: While most traditional practices schedule 30+ patients per provider per day, we never schedule more than 2 patients per hour per provider to allow more time with each individual patient. New patients are scheduled for an entire hour to allow us to get to know them. This minimizes our patient’s time in the waiting room and gives more time for us to provide exceptional, personalized care for each and every patient.
We are a Direct Primary Care or direct pay practice. Payment in full is required at the time of your visit and you can file for reimbursement with your insurance company. Or you can take advantage of one of Smart Care Plans. Cutting out third party billing has helped us drastically reduce our overhead costs which allows us to spend more time with each patient. We also pass savings on to you with our labs being some of the least expensive around.
Q: Do you offer same day appointments?
A: Yes, whenever possible we will see you the same day or the next day and we provide housecalls any time, even after hours and on weekends. Please call our office to schedule an appointment (615) 599-6868.
Q: Does GracePointe Healthcare accept or file insurance?
A: No, we do not. We provide “patient-centered” care focused entirely on what our patients need for optimum health rather than “insurance driven” care focused on what insurance companies will cover. In order to provide the best care possible, we do not contract with any insurance companies and have the freedom to treat naturally whenever possible. This has also enabled us to provide affordable, exceptional, “no rush” care as our patients deserve nothing less. Payment is expected at time of service. You may choose to submit your bill to your insurance company for reimbursement or for it to be applied to your deductible.
Q: Can I be seen at GracePointe Healthcare if I have insurance?
A: Absolutely! The majority of our patients do have insurance. We provide you with an itemized receipt which you may submit for out-of-network reimbursement from your health insurance or to applied towards your deductible. Many of a patients have a high deductible insurance plan for catastrophic coverage and pay out of pocket for their routine expenses to save money on their insurance premiums. A high deductible plan coupled with one of our Smart Care Plans offers very affordable coverage.
Q: How do I pay for my care and what are the costs to be seen at GracePointe Healthcare?
A: We are a Direct Primary Care and payment is expected at the time of service. You can then file with your insurance for reimbursement or for it to apply towards your deductible.. We accept Cash, Check, VISA, Master Card, American Express, and HSA Cards.
We provide several options for you to choose from –
- Pay per visit. $79 for existing patients ($99 for first time patients) + the cost of labs and/or procedures. Our labs are very affordable – most are $15-$35. Housecalls are $250 + labs and/or procedures (reduced fees with a (Smart Care Plan).
- Basic Smart Care Plan. Cost is $49 per month with unlimited office visits and free basic labs/diagnostic tests*. (Pay 1 year in full – $588 and no enrollment fee plus receive a Complete Comprehensive Physical Exam worth $400 free**) Reduced housecall fee of $100 + labs and/or procedures.
- Premium Smart Care Plan (limited to 100 enrollees). $99 per month with unlimited office visits and free basic labs/diagnostic tests*. Also includes 2 free housecalls a year and reduced housecall fee of $100 after the initial 3 free. (Pay 1 year in full – $1188 and no enrollment fee plus receive a Complete Comprehensive Physical Exam worth $400 free**). On call/direct access to provider’s cell phone 24 hours a day/ 7 days a week.
*Most basic labs/diagnostic tests fees are between $15 and $35. Basic labs/diagnostic tests include: CBC, BMP, Lipid Panel and Urinalysis.
**Free Comprehensive Screening Exam includes:
Lab Tests: CBC, BMP, Lipid Panel, Urinalysis, PSA or PAP Test and EKG.
Height, Weight, BMI, Pulse, Blood Pressure, Temperature, etc.
Health Risk Factors: Diet, Exercise, Safety, Alcohol, Contraception, etc.
Disease Prevention: Stroke, Coronary Disease, Cancer, Illness, etc.
Health Maintenance: Review Immunizations.
***Enrollment in Smart Care Plans are subject to review and approval by GracePointe Healthcare.
Q: How does this affect my laboratory or radiology needs?
A: On behalf of our patients, we have negotiated the lowest cost possible with our laboratory. Your cost will generally be 1/2 to 1/3 of what you would expect to pay at other offices. Most of our basic labs are between $15 and $35. (Basic lab tests are included with any Smart Care Plan.)
- If you need specialized care such as radiology imaging or care from any other specialist, you can use your insurance with them as usual, or if you are paying out of pocket, we will negotiate for the best possible rate on your behalf.
Q: What happens if I need a referral to a specialist or need to be admitted to the hospital?
A: We will coordinate your referrals, and if you have insurance, you can continue to use your health insurance for specialist visits and hospital stays. During your hospital stay, you will be followed by your dedicated hospital Internist.
Q: Who are your patients?
A: We have patients of all income levels and all walks of life. We are a great fit for:
- Those that have no health insurance.
- Those that have health insurance with or without a Health Savings Account with a high deductible or catastrophic plan.
- Those that have insurance with a traditional co-pay but are frustrated with the hassles and inefficiencies of traditional doctor’s offices; difficulty getting appointments, long waiting times, rushed visits, etc.
- Those that desire a more personal, natural, one-on-one approach to their healthcare and who value the more comfortable, “patient-centered”, intimate environment that our office offers.
We have patients with below average incomes as well as millionaires and everything in between. We even see some famous folks. What all of our patients have in common is a keen sense of personal responsibility for their own healthcare costs and a desire to be treated as a whole person, not just a health problem or a number. Our approach encompasses the whole life of a patient, including lifestyle, stress level, environment, eating habits, sleeping habits, etc., as all of these can have an effect on our health.
Q: What are your office hours?
A: Monday thru Friday 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM. Housecalls are available any time even after hours and on weekends. For our Premium Smart Care Plan patients, our provider is available around the clock via cell phone to answer any questions concerning your health.